DNS corresponding to SSL status

Hello everyone!
I am new to this platform so ignore my mistakes. I am having a serious problem and seeking your cooperation. I work in a university and today I have turned on SSL > Full mode after migrating to a pro plan. But after turning on the SSL I see my main domain and other sub domains are pointing to a specific sub domain. I have added all the subdomains in the DNS list. It’s been 5 hours but still nothing change. Is it happening due to propagation delay or I have missed anything. Here are my domains:

baiust.edu.bd > main domain
cse.baiust.edu.bd
eee.baiust.edu.bd
admission.baiust.edu.bd

all pointing to

iumss.baiust.edu.bd

I suggest you use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com. The link is in the lower right corner of that page. Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS. Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).

@sdayman Thank you but I don’t have any Certificate installed in my origin server. This is one of the main reasons that I am using cloudflare so that it can handle my SSL.

@sdayman It worked. I have generated an origin certificate and installed it for all my *.domains. It works but not in Full (Strict) only in FULL. Is there I am missing?

One of these?
https://developers.cloudflare.com/ssl/origin-configuration/origin-ca

@sdayman Yes, sir.

Try checking what certificate the origin is presenting. Substitute in the server’s IP address instead of the 123 in my example:

curl -v https://baiust.edu.bd --connect-to ::123.123.123.123

You should see some certificate information that indicates it’s a Cloudflare origin certificate, similar to this public cert:

@sdayman yes, sir! Everything is sorted out. Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.