DNS Changes - Nameserver Errir: 118 - Inconsistent set of NS RRs

dash-dns

Dear Cloudfare Community,

I hope to get help here, my hoster (hetzner.de) sincerely doesn´t allow DNS changes by myself right now. They are telling me it doesn´t work somehow and they getting the following message. Has anybody an idea? :sleepy: :sweat:

Nameserver error. (ERROR: 118 Inconsistent set of NS RRs (IP, NS host

names) (leah.ns.cloudflare.com./2400:cb00:2049:1:0:0:adf5:3a81,
[carol.ns.cloudflare.com, tom.ns.cloudflare.com]))
names) (leah.ns.cloudflare.com./173.245.58.129, [carol.ns.cloudflare.com,
tom.ns.cloudflare.com]))
names) (algin.ns.cloudflare.com./173.245.59.61, [carol.ns.cloudflare.com,
tom.ns.cloudflare.com]))
names) (algin.ns.cloudflare.com./2400:cb00:2049:1:0:0:adf5:3b3d,
[carol.ns.cloudflare.com, tom.ns.cloudflare.com]))

It would be for the following domain https://www.serapion.de

Thank you very much. :slight_smile:

Matt

Unable to change nameserver at registrar - DKHostmaster
Nameservers won't change

Isn’t denic.de where you’re supposed to make those changes, not your hoster?

Please run a search here first.

Thats a common issue with .de (and also .dk and a few others) where the registry wants to validate the nameservers and where the domain in question has already been associated with another Cloudflare account.

It would be easiest to use the other account instead. If that is not possible at least remove the domain from that account, after which you should be able to add the new nameservers. If that is not possible either your only option is to contact your registrar or registry and have the new nameservers forcibly set. If they refuse to do so you could only go via Cloudflare’s support and hope they can drop the current nameservers, but be prepared to provide proof you are the rightful owner.

The domain is most likely active here, or was active some time ago:

Thank you, Sandro. I will try to solve it that way. :slight_smile:

Thank you, will check that out.

I think the registrar is the one who can change it, as I understand so far, denic is the cause, as they are that strict, but just the registrar can do the changes, sincerely. Don´t even having a access to the DNS-administration. :frowning:

Sincerely it isn´t that problem. The domain was never registered here on cloudfare or any other CDN-supplier. :frowning:

I am sorry but it would appear as if that was not true.

Cloudflare currently announces carol and tom as nameservers, whereas it would appear it wants you to assign algin and leah. This typically only happens in cases when the domain has been already added to an account earlier on.

My advice from four days ago still stands as is :slight_smile:

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.