DNS Changes after Server plan upgrade

Hi All,

So i upgraded my shared hosting with bluehost and I’m having trouble with my wordpress site analogclassics.com. They told be my new ip and I have changed what I think are the correct records but I still get a database error anytime I try to click around on my site. Can you help? I’ve attached a screenshot of my current DNS in cloudflare. Thanks!

Your site is probably configured to connect to a hostname for the database. It should be set to “localhost”, or the IP address of your database server. You can fix this in your wp-config.php file.

Hi thanks for the reply. Just checked its set to “localhost” i did change the ip in dns though to 127.0.0.1 which is what my other working sites are using, but still nothing :frowning:

That should have done it. The next step would be to go to the Overview tab in the Cloudflare Dashboard and click “Pause Cloudflare on Site” in the lower right corner, then wait 5 minutes for it to take effect. Then see if the database connection works.

If it still doesn’t work, you’ll have to get help from Bluehost. There’s a chance the database is on a different server.

If it does work after Pausing Cloudflare, let us know.

Hi, tried turning on development mode but now I have paused it. I’ll keep you posted thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.