Dns appears off

3-4 days ago the site’s dns record was visible, but now dns registration is closed when I contact the company that provides the domain name, it says that the problem is caused by cloudflare. What will I do? site address www.dogex.pro

That domain does not show in your account and appears to have a bit of history using Cloudflare, but is not currently active in any account.

Can you describe exactly what you mean by this comment?

I don’t understand the statement :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The site does not belong to me, I am a customer, I hesitate because I have an investment on the site They said that the site was closed due to strasbourg fire.

1 Like

Ah, understood, we did see a number of posts about that and sites affected. I guess millions of sites are dealing with the same issue.

First off, the owners of the site need to find a new location to host the site. That is outside of anything involving Cloudflare.

Once they have a new hosting location and the site is restored, they need to change the name servers with the domain registrar to the two that are shown in their account and make sure the value of the A record in their DNS app is the IP address of their new server.

At the moment, the name servers are not propagated, DNS Checker - DNS Propagation Check & DNS Lookup and the site is either pending, purged or initializing, but not active. If purged, they need to select +Add site, if pending they need to find out with their registrar why the name server change has not propagated, if initializing, they need to select a plan type and move forward with the next steps. But, first they need to find a hosting location and restore their site.

When I talked to the company hosting the site, they said that the problem was caused by cloudflare, I don’t know what to do.

That sounds like the new hosting location has been selected. The site owner needs to do one of the three steps above depending upon what they see on the dashboard of their cloudflare account:

• Purged, they need to select +Add site, and make sure the A record on the cloudflare dashboard dns app points to the new IP at the new hosting provider.
  • Pending they need to find out with their registrar why the name server change has not propagated, perhaps clear icann holds with their registrar if those are causing an issue.
  • Initializing, they need to select a plan type and move forward with the next steps (change name servers at the registrar to whatever is shown in their account)

You should give the site owner a link to this thread Dns appears off as they’re the one that needs to take one of the above steps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.