DMCA cache cloudflare serves the images

We have submitted our dmca to cloudflare who sent us the host. We contacted the host who is considered a DMCA free host. Reply from the host is that cloudflare is the one serving the images. They responded back with the cache and traceroutes. They pointed out that they recommend all users to use the service as its cloudflare who serves the images. When sending another email to cloudflare asking what to do we are ignored.

We have submitted our dmca to cloudflare who sent us the host. We contacted the host who is considered a DMCA free host. Reply from the host is that cloudflare is the one serving the images. They responded back with the cache and traceroutes. They pointed out that they recommend all users to use the service as its cloudflare who serves the images. When sending another email to cloudflare asking what to do we are ignored.loudflare Diagnostic Center: Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

As Cloudflare isn’t the host, you’ve reached the extent of what Cloudflare can do. If the host refuses to cooperate, I suggest you seek legal council.

1 Like

This is really interesting. What if CF are the host in that the images are all “hosted” in KV storage? How would that work?

That thought did cross my mind, but I believe the host is being evasive. No surprise there as they seem to pride themselves on being anti-DMCA.

However, it’s up to Trust and Safety to see what’s really going on.

There was a very recent judicial ruling on this very topic. Essentially, their security and performance products are not responsible for copyright infringement. The host is.
Cloudflare not liable for copyright issues on websites • The Register

1 Like

They say you host the images as a cached image is that true or no?

That’s what their legal is saying

1 Like

They sent the trace logs etc to is showing it’s hosted on cf servers and not theirs. Not sure if that’s evasive or just repointing fingers

You have that ruling? That’s same as the crack house law but can’t say that if the landlord is selling the drugs. It’s been pointed out that the images are illegal on both services. Neither wanna take ownership

On their statement they said they don’t host the images, but isn’t serving a cached image hosting? Maybe I’m missing something on the ruling, maybe they wasn’t cached.

Trust and Safety is tied to the legal department. What they say goes, unless you want to take them to court.

2 Likes

Who are you again? I’ve never got a response from them?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

That random guy is one of the most-esteemed members of this forum. You might want to watch your language maybe.

4 Likes

We are all adults and it was a adult question. I have no idea who he was grow up

And his response is spot on. If you have filed a complaint and haven’t heard back, then it was not an issue for the legal team. If you disagree with that you only have legal options and that is exactly the advice you were given.

As far as the host is concerned, they are obviously not under US jurisdiction, hence DMCA does not apply in the first place.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.