"DMARC-Support" Notice from Google

While I was updating the A record for my domain two days ago, Cloudflare prompted me to “Use the wizard” to create a DMARC record. I was unfamiliar with that record’s function, but followed the directions as prompted.
This morning I received an XML file, forwarded by Google to the address I listed in the DMARC record.
Is there something I need to do with this piece of e-mail or the attached file? Or is it simply a system test to verify the validity of the e-mail address?
Thank you. I appreciate any clarification you can provide.
… J

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

As an system administrator, I receive a lot of emails related to the DMARC reports on a daily basis.

True, as a “normal user/customer” they can fill up your mailbox, but are usefull for particular reason as far as depending how did you configured your DMARC record, to recieve the reports or not.

Reviewing the information in the reports helps you understand what messages sent from your domain are passing SPF, DKIM authentication, and DMARC authentication.
DMARC Reports tell you which messages sent from your domain are authenticated by SPF and DKIM. Reports also let you regularly review who is sending mail on for your domain, and can alert you to potential spammers.

More about DMARC at Learning center:

Useful information about them at Google:

3 Likes

Great information!!

Many thanks for your time and expertise.

Best,

… J

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.