DMARC set up in Cloudflare; check says "policy not enabled"

I set up DMARC management through Cloudflare. A check for thefriends.org at MX Toolbox shows that there is a DMARC record (which I see in the DNS section) and that the record is valid, but it says “DMARC Policy Not Enabled.” It says I need to set a quarantine/reject policy, but I don’t see how to change that in Cloudeflare’s DMARC management page. Can anyone advise? Thank you!

The Cloudflare dashboard doesn’t have an automatic way to change the DMARC policy. You just have to edit the DNS record yourself.

In your DNS settings find a TXT record with the name _dmarc and edit it.

The value is currently v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:blablabla and the part you’re looking for is p=none. You can change none to quarantine or reject as you prefer. The difference is that when email you send fails DMARC, quarantine says to mark the message as spam, and reject says to reject it outright. If you’re sure your email is set up correctly you can set reject. The none policy is mainly used during testing.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, that worked!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.