DMARC Policy Not Enabled

I published DKIM and DMARC but on the DMARC Managment area has no data and it’s been more than 24 hours. Also, on an external “DMARC lookup” (mxtoolbox) I get this message: DMARC Policy Not Enabled DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled So I’m wondering if there’s something wrong. Can someone help me know if I missed something? TIA!

What is the domain name and the DKIM selector?

Use any dmarc application and there you can set the value p=quarantine or p=reject instead of p=none

Thanks, I left it at none because I was adiced to do so until I’m sure everything is ok. Do you think this is the problem?

Starting with a policy of reject is not advisable until after you have monitored DMARC reports for long enough to know that your SPF and DKIM are valid and cover all of your email sources. Only once you know that you have not missed any legitimate sources SPF can you safely consider increasing to quarantine or reject from none. The former (quarantine) is the less risky option.

1 Like

Set to quarantine, I mistakenly typed reject. That will be less risky.

1 Like

I replied with the info but I’m deleting it because I didn’t hear from you and I don’t know if it’s a good idea that this info stays here. Thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.