DMARC name, rua, and report questions, i.e., newbie questions

I used Cloudflare’s DMARC management to create my DMARC record, but I use Exchange Online for email, which raises questions for me.

1. Microsoft’s help file (link below) says the record name must have the domain appended to it (e.g., _dmarc.contoso.com), but the record Cloudflare made simply has “_dmarc”. Which is correct?

2. The record Cloudflare made has a rua address going to them, e.g., @dmarc-reports.cloudflare.net. Does the rua need to go to Microsoft?

3. It’s been more than 24 hours and the DMARC report is missing. I don’t send a lot of emails, but I have send several since setting the record. The report’s absence leads me to believe something is setup wrong.

Thank you for helping this newbie out.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/security/office-365-security/email-authentication-dmarc-configure?view=o365-worldwide#step-4-form-the-dmarc-txt-record-for-your-domain

It was probably not wise to post this question before the holidays. Or I’m hoping that’s why it was overlooked.

I apologize if bumping is frowned upon.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.