DMARC and other settings

My site is using CloudFlare. I recently had issues with some emails returned for deliverability problems. I initially contacted my host, thinking they could help but said it had something to do with CloudFlare. They gave me some codes to enter but I am not understanding what they are asking me, so I might not have done it correctly.

Today, as I want to send an email campaign from Active Campaign, using my domain, I get this big message saying this:>

Your domain scrapbookcampus.com has a p= “reject” or “quarantine” DMARC policy and you do not have DKIM or a Custom Mailserver Domain setup. This means most of your messages will fail to deliver. See here for instructions to resolve. Your full DMARC DNS record is: v=DMARC1; p=quarantine; sp=none; rf=afrf; pct=100; ri=86400

I have no clue what it is, what it means or what I should do. Even following the link, it is foreign language to me.
Can someone help me?

P.S. I am not even sure I categorized this message correctly.

We get that a lot here from hosting support that doesn’t know how to…support. This really isn’t a Cloudflare issue. It’s a DNS and hosting issue. Cloudflare DNS TXT records just do what you tell them to do, just like any other DNS.

1. You have more than one _dmarc record
  2. You have a DKIM record, but that message makes it look like whatever is sending that mail is not signing it with a DKIM key.

Options for:

1. Get rid of the _dmarc record with p=none, as it’s a benign record.
  2. Either delete the DKIM TXT record, or get that sender to sign with a DKIM key.

I suggest you get some assistance from a mail admin to clean up your mail configuration. dmarcian.com is a good resource for testing, but you really need someone who needs to manage email servers to fix this up.

3 Likes