DKIN Record Exceeds Character Limit. Can you help me?

Hi Guys,

I’m using a 3rd party emailing system and it’s told me to add a DKIM record to ensure that my recipients receive the emails I send.
I’ve gone onto my Gmail account and generated these records:

DNS Host name (TXT record name):
google._domainkey

TXT record value:
v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAhURjlJwh4YFaPJ5iBI5gFdZ0/jdIjx93Xvk235YVDy7A+Fwt+0i88EooodOSR+JXvwRKMgxSCxg2rjeG1rBdaxp6bjfdr84JeWrIopd/NHuXa4RA2RzoKGfz4/MuGF/gKNgODYApZT/vvDe2r4bZw3qD/U7vo7frWy6s0N3/FQWezNfLxzY2TsF7nWfyIwbVdF0ahZdmX2bVs0Bfm2T/4o59r4eIdFoWsWGLvGGDj2e/v8jStoQqRW2bccSlxVPNR8lbv5wSBz/jl2kUET0pwSrhvUygtW6lbpNqZ2VDh9z+v0F+9XXytjyuxmsok29zr5jCNXZ0be5JV/Wu8LQvRQIDAQAB

In entering this message: “The maximum target label length is 63 characters”

What am I doing wrong?

Can you try to add it and post a screenshot once the fields are filled in?

Thanks for your help with this Matteo. Here’s a screen shot:

You were trying to add a CNAME record, not TXT record as what you intended to add:

1 Like

Hi Eric, thanks for pointing this out! I’ve now created a TXT record and it’s saved it.

How can I now check it’s working?

1 Like

This.

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/dig/#TXT/

Thanks so much for your time on this. Does this confirm that DKIM is now set up and running on this domain’s email?

You should check if Google’s configuration page says it’s ok, but on the DNS side it should be ok.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.