DKIM Record - Formatting Issue

Hi,
I’m trying to properly set up my DKIM Record. I’ve been using the exact record that is supplied to me by my Cpanel:

default._domainkey.seidl.soy.

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsCfQ2wURd1D4LZLkoKFK0Oh1x/q9q3D3yQBm+GRGtmIfe5Ct+F9ya+thy+D+1io+LPQ6XbhMv1LQK7wtmqzkzDljNUFXhtHFAtDVnvTdQ3iGB1TkjwCnYNRffUHncd8K/8vA/qZq5FtxXqFVYRyHmL6CJqHntqUFaKUzKrfuR0ufFDcJBbx2oMLbURtrmE1Qp" "2+MTBJISPAutoJ/0T8LkrZUpFqPzLg+BN9Wm0r+OvsICCKCW3ItYFnXYmYbKnm8PvoO79OHMHAJabtqet7CJLdyKj7oeYEw7bKnxWUXK7WcjBAUTvyFrrKAQwtLRoKmOsLsWixwlglCXmi0D21uhwIDAQAB;

So I’ve pasted it into my Cloudflare DNS settings, and it should be fine. According to my own Cpanel diagnostics, its also confirming that it matches in the DNS. However, when sending a test email to MxToolbox, the DKIM is coming up with an error, and indeed, the DKIM record looks slightly different:

v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAsCfQ2wURd1D4LZLkoKFK0Oh1x/q9q3D3yQBm+GRGtmIfe5Ct+F9ya+thy+D+1io+LPQ6XbhMv1LQK7wtmqzkzDljNUFXhtHFAtDVnvTdQ3iGB1TkjwCnYNRffUHncd8K/8vA/qZq5FtxXqFVYRyHmL6CJqHntqUFaKUzKrfuR0ufFDcJBbx2oMLbURtrmE1Qp" "2+MTBJISPAutoJ/0T8LkrZUpFqPzLg+BN9Wm0r+OvsICCKCW3ItYFnXYmYbKnm8PvoO79OHMHAJabtqet7CJLdyKj7oeYEw7bKnxWUXK7WcjBAUTvyFrrKAQwtLRoKmOsLsWixwlglCXmi0D21uhwIDAQAB;

It looks like the " quote sign that I paste into Cloudflare from Cpanel, get turned into “” “” in the end result, and this might be what breaks the DKIM? At least that’s what I suspect, because the report is telling me “The value is not in the right format” regarding the DKIM. Here’s a link to the report.
Would appreciate any input or advice!

What you can try is removing the space and the quotes added by cPanel, making it a one long record, and letting Cloudflare handle the splitting.

FYI you can use backticks or the code icon to make others see what you mean.

1 Like

Wow, this indeed worked! Thanks so much, a simple solution but it would have probably taken me days to think of it by myself! Have a great day!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m glad it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.