DKIM not working/propagating

Hi everyone,

I updated my DNS to add DKIM several weeks ago, but it still hasn’t propagated (or at least is showing up as an error still on https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx ). The exact error seems to vary but it often talks about TXT lookups needing to fit in one UDP response packet.

I’m using GSuite for email and I’m doing this to try to stop my emails from ending up in other people’s spam boxes. I’ve copied everything exactly as the instructions say. Do you have any idea why it’s not working? I’ve tried reaching out to Cloudfare Support but they’ve redirected me here.

Thanks very much for your help.

Domain? And which record did you set up?

intrepid-magazine.com and it was the TXT record required to set up DKIM.

Which record did you exactly set up?

If you used the default selector, there would be a TXT record with name google ._domainkey. What selector name did you set up in Google?

There’s one record in place

nslookup -type=txt google._domainkey.intrepid-magazine.com ivy.ns.cloudflare.com
Server:  ivy.ns.cloudflare.com
Address:  172.64.32.120

google._domainkey.intrepid-magazine.com text =

	"v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQCOaQYTKtJ5rzu21ndTUpBtJlEw/7yehedki1T17t4L/qexo3P5wwtZAJ+DTy8h/PjGovxIeSGqbQq3cgv+UZknLy7S4ctlQu9+qEXykaJ1idBDhL57fHhK4XyzIq15raL1eBMK5qR0eGBRPsUxhbVx8ZIld1wR9RYSY6qRGTwtVQIDAQAB"

and that looks all right.

I only got one error message

MX lookup must fit in one UDP response packet.

and that’s not DKIM related. Your MX records resolve fine too

https://dnschecker.org/#MX/intrepid-magazine.com

Overall your setup appears to be working fine.

Okay, thanks - but that’s very strange. I get “TXT lookup must fit in one UDP response package”. What does that mean and how can I fix it? (For TXT or MX, since you’re seeing that error)

And if DKIM is set up correctly, how come my emails are still going into people’s spam boxes?! (Appreciate you might not know the answer, but any ideas welcome!)

Mail related questions are unforunately beyond the scope of the forum, but if the record is what you were told to configure, then it should be fine from that perspective. You can certainly clarify it with your host as well. DKIM should be working fine and the check at Network Tools: DNS,IP,Email also passes.

You might want to contact those people and maybe they can tell you why your emails were flagged as spam. Check your SPF record as well, but again, that’s not strictly Cloudflare related I am afraid.

As far as your DNS setup is concerned, you have the right nameservers, there are MX records, and the TXT record for DKIM is in place as well.

You can also try mail-tester.com.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.