DKIM/DMARC: MailerLite still not recognizing new DNS records

MailerLite is still not recognizing the new DKIM / DMARC DNS records to verify my domain. It’s been a week since I added the DNS records. What should I do?

It would be really helpful if you shared your domain and the DKIM record you were asked to add.

1 Like

to a public forum?

DNS data isn’t private at all.

The DKIM key you’re adding to the DNS is the “public key” variant of it, which any receiving mail server needs to be able to access, so they can verify the DKIM cryptography.

If you want assistance from the public forum, yes.

1 Like

i keep trying to paste in the codes but the forum won’t allow links. i’m going to try to post one at a time and replace the urls with a big fat [DOT].

This is what MailerLite gave me:

DKIM: Please check TXT record for ml._domainkey.thecreativespirals[DOT]com:

k=rsa; p=MIGfMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUAA4GNADCBiQKBgQDPM8vkd7MEGVc+ac4FaT90u90xQkELBR/Ytllx/AM0oiKnUkrkZkj5zJXgu9tbheXUAX00YGK3JZfApPze2t6Ex4iVlTQc+lyX1q+M/vNoKf3oBG9gysQcHh5bMebGx/60LwaO+37bb2qoDqblqenHsoKHB6rfhMdwa+adzoERWQIDAQAB

SPF: Please check TXT record for thecreativespirals[DOT]com:

v=spf1 include:_spf.mlsend[DOT]com mx include:netblocks.dreamhost[DOT]com include:relay.mailchannels[DOT]net -all

It looks like you got those records mixed up a bit.

The content of your DKIM record is not what you posted above, but that of the SPF record:

dig +short ml._domainkey.thecreativespirals.com txt
"v=spf1 include:_spf.mlsend.com mx include:netblocks.dreamhost.com include:relay.mailchannels.net -all"

For your SPF record, you actually have two, but you can only have one.

dig +short thecreativespirals.com txt
"v=spf1 mx include:netblocks.dreamhost.com include:relay.mailchannels.net -all"
"v=spf1 include:_spf.mlsend.com mx include:netblocks.dreamhost.com include:relay.mailchannels.net -all"

You need to delete the wrong SPF record.

2 Likes

ok. just updated and it worked. thank you.

Did they really give you one that only starts with “k=rsa; p=”?

I would add “v=DKIM1;” in front, so it starts with “v=DKIM1; k=rsa; p=” instead.

Not doing so may mean that some destinations won’t verify properly with your DKIM signature as it requires the indication of being a DKIM (by starting with “v=DKIM1;”).

I would also remove the mx mechanism between the mlsend and dreamhost include’s.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.