DK hostmaster not allowing Cloudflare NS records

Hi,

I have tried to add a danish .DK domain with the below NS records at DK hostmaster.
Nameserver 1: “gabriel.ns.cloudflare.com
Nameserver 2: “simone.ns.cloudflare.com

See my account for the domain name.

The error I received when trying to set the new NS records was the following:
“The name server has not been registrered by DK Hostmaster, read more at https://www.dk-hostmaster.dk/en/create-name-servers”.

I contacted DK hostmaster and they said that Cloudflare would need to create the name servers at DK hostmaster.

Would appreciate if this could be resolved relatively quickly, if not would it be possible to move the domain to below Cloudflare NS records since they are working with DK Hostmaster?
Nameserver 1: “kay.ns.cloudflare.com
Nameserver 2: “walt.ns.cloudflare.com

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards
WirthWeb

The usual issue with registries who attempt to validate the nameservers. Use the search and you will find a gazillion topics on that.

Basically, your domain is already configured on another Cloudflare account. Either use that other account instead or remove the domain from that account and wait until Cloudflare has dropped these other nameservers and announces the new ones instead.

Hang on, re-reading your description it appears it is not about the nameservers being different from the other pair.

Alright, whats the domain in question?

Hi Sandro,

Thanks for your reply.

The domain is xx.[dk]

I previously had another Cloudflare account for this domain that used below name servers:

When I moved the domain to this new Cloudflare company account and deleted it from the old account the new name servers that got assigned for this domain was:

The problem is that when I go into DK Hostmaster to change the name servers to the new ones, that´s when I get below error:

There was no issue adding the old name servers in DK Hostmaster and based on what DK Hostmaster support told me Cloudflare would need to create the name servers for the new name servers in DK Hostmaster in order for them to be whitelisted and possible to use for all .DK domains. (see link in error message.)

Just let me know if you need more details.

Best Regards
Wirthweb

From what I can tell this is not a “registration” issue but the very same issue I mentioned before.

Cloudflare still announces “walt” and “kay” as nameservers, so I’d presume the domain still is active on that account. Double check that the domain is not any longer in that account.

I just double checked and the domain is not visible in the old account.
In the new account it looks like this right now:

In that case I can only suggest to open a support ticket and have support handle that. They might need to manually change things.

Thanks for your help Sandro, I´ll open a support ticket.

Best Regards
Wirthweb

@user3827 Did you find a solution? Seems like we have the exact same difficulty

Hi,
No solution yet but Cloudflare is working on the issue.
"Thank you for contacting Cloudflare support and notifying us of this change with DK Hostmaster.

Our engineering team has been notified of this issue and will be working to resolve it. We will update you when we the issue is resolved.".

I’ll update this thread when I receive confirmation from Cloudflare that the issue is resolved.

Best Regards
WirthWeb

Thanks - I appreciate it