I just set up a Cloudflare SSL for a website that runs on GoDaddy. I did this last night almost successfully but have to deal with some mixed content still. It’s a WordPress site.
I was having trouble getting access to the backend / ftp of the site so I logged into my client’s account at GD to discover that he’d already purchased an SSL from them - just had not yet set it up.
I’d like to use that certificate since he’d paid for it. But also still use Cloudflare. I know that hooking a site up to CF that has an SSL certificate can take longer than a site that does not have SSL.
So can anyone can help me backtrack safely so we can experience as little downtime as possible?
Here were my steps taken to make the site use CloudFlare’s free SSL:
- Set Cloudflare Crypto SSL to “Flexible.”
- Installed the Cloudflare plugin (made by CF) and added in the API code
- Installed Really Simple SSL plugin
- Add a “Page Rule” in Cloudflare: http://newtechcabling.com/
- Toggled “Always use HTTPS”
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!