Directing of domain and e-mail

Hello,

I got the following question:

I run all my clients websites on another hosting company. And i’m currently migrating (website only) to Hostinger webhosting. I wan’t the e-mail to stay in the old hosting account due to high storage capacity my clients use. And migrating e-mail is not fun…

On Hostinger i can’t use CDN because of pointing the domains to hostinger by IP, A records. For this to work i need to point the Domains by Nameserver to hostinger. But this means the e-mails will stop working.

A bypass is that i can create a free Cloudflare account and manage this there?

Can i create my clients on Cloudflare - Point the domains to there by A records for CDN purpose, and point there the domain to Hostinger? This for CDN to work?

Or do i need to point the Nameservers to Cloudflare and add the MX records to cloudflare pointing to my old webhosting?

I need some help with this :slight_smile:

I don’t think I understood correctly what your problem is, but If you want to use Cloudflare, you need to change your nameservers to Cloudflare nameservers.
You can bypass this requirement on Business accounts, which allow for a Partial Setup (CNAME records instead of changing nameservers).

However, you should be able to use whichever nameservers you like with Hostinger:

There is an option to create CNAME records instead of changing your nameservers.

So you should be able to keep using your old nameservers if that is a requirement to use their email service.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.