Directing my DNS to Kajabi

dash-dns
ExpertTip

I’m very new and non-technical. I’m following the steps from Kajabi to direct my new domain name to them. As my last step I click Add Record in Cloudfare and it tells me “An A, AAAA or CNAME record already exists for that host.” But Kajabi tells me I haven’t directed the domain name to them yet. Any advice?

There most likely is a DNS record for that host, but it may be improperly configured.

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS records here for example.com (but for your actual domain) and www?

In your bottom picture, it looks like the red error bar obscures a CNAME entry for ‘www’ that points to parking something-something. Get rid of that one (Click X)

Now you should be able to add that www CNAME.

You can get rid of those “A” records for your domain. Keep just one with an :orange:. You’ll need to add a Page Rule to match: example.com/* (but use your real domain), and Add Setting “Forwarding URL” that points to https://www.example.com/$1 (again, use your real domain).

That one “A” record for example.com needs to be there for the Page Rule to redirect visitors to the ‘www’. It doesn’t matter what the IP address is because the Page Rule will intercept the request, so you can keep one of the existing ones.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll try that. I’m in a six hour meeting today at my “real job” so I’ll try it out later today. Thank you very much for your advice!

1 Like

Thank you! That worked. My website is up and running!

1 Like
closed #7

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.