Dig -t CNAME Not resolving

Trying to set a CNAME for my email MKT tool SPF Configuration but it’s not resolving as a CNAME.

Can anyone help?

dig -t CNAME drcimage.drcannabis.com.br +short returns empty

nslookup -type=cname drcimage.drcannabis.com.br 1.1.1.1 returns:

`Server: 1.1.1.1
Address: 1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
*** Can’t find drcimage.drcannabis.com.br: No answer

Authoritative answers can be found from:
drcannabis.com.br
origin = cody.ns.cloudflare.com
mail addr = dns.cloudflare.com
serial = 2034754255
refresh = 10000
retry = 2400
expire = 604800
minimum = 3600
`

I get a result for an A record.

1 Like

I don’t get anything.

You’re digging for a CNAME. If it’s a CNAME that’s set to :orange:, then Cloudflare converts it to an “A” record.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not. I’ve set it to “DNS Only” just after creating it, last friday.
This is what’s bugging me.

Do you have Flatten all CNAMEs enabled? You will find it at the bottom of your [DNS panel](https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns DNS dashboard.) on the dashboard.

Yes. And It doesn’t let me change…

I Just created a new entry, and it flattened it out to it’s “A” reccord.

Normally on Free accounts the option is stuck on “Flatten CNAME at root”, so being stuck on “Flatten all CNAMEs” is a bit unusual.

Are you signed up to Cloudflare directly, or through a hosting partner?

Really don’t know… Got on the job a few days ago and It was this way already.
Seems like the account was Pro and was donwgraded to Free.

At this stage you are probably best opening a support ticket asking them to set the “CNAME Flattening” setting to “Flatten CNAME at root”.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help you, please reply and indicate you need more help.

2 Likes

Thank you sir for you time!
Really helped a LOT.
Will mark this as a Solution.

On a Free plan, you shouldn’t even be able to see the Flatten All CNAMEs option, as it’s not even clickable. But if it was a Pro Plan that was set to Flatten All CNAMEs, then downgraded, then…that would be an interesting leftover.

1 Like