I’m encountering a challenge while attempting to update the nameservers for my website on Cloudflare. Despite following the recommended steps, I seem to face an issue that prevents the nameserver update from properly propagating. Here are the details of the problem I’m experiencing:
- Initial Setup: I recently registered my domain with Registrar symbol host and have been using Hosting Provider symbol host for my website.
- Cloudflare Integration: To enhance security and performance, I decided to integrate Cloudflare with my website. I followed the instructions provided by Cloudflare to change the nameservers for my domain at my registrar to the ones specified by Cloudflare.
- Issue Faced: Despite successfully updating the nameservers at my registrar’s end, the changes do not seem to reflect or propagate properly. It has been over 48 hours, but when I check the DNS settings using various online tools or through command-line tools like
dig, the nameservers still show the old hosting provider’s information instead of Cloudflare’s.
- Troubleshooting Attempts: I’ve tried flushing my DNS cache, checking with multiple devices and networks, and even reached out to my registrar’s support team. They’ve confirmed that the nameserver change has been made and should reflect globally within the typical propagation time.
- Next Steps: I’m unsure if there’s something I’m missing in the process or if there could be an issue specific to Cloudflare’s integration. I’m seeking guidance and advice from the community to understand what could be causing this discrepancy and how I might resolve it to successfully switch to Cloudflare’s nameservers for my website.
Any insights, recommendations, or troubleshooting steps to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help!