Different website performance in different regions

caching

Our website works fine in most regions. But, in the regions where our target customers are, the website does not load properly. Our server team says that the loads stay below 1.0 and that they see that the website is loading normally at their end. They cant seem to find error logs for the incident either. Could you point us in the right direction to find the cause of such such a situation when it occurs.
Also would setting up Load Balancing in our cloudflare account help with avoid issues faced in our primary region?

First place to look is in your Google Analytics pagespeed stats broken down by region, browser, and device (tablet, mobile, desktop) and combined with Google Chrome User Experience (CRuX) reporting of connection device profiles (2G/3G/4G etc) and see where you pagespeed metrics are over time. You could have slow geographic region specific due to high percentage of 2G/3G mobile connections with slow hardware based mobile devices which would drive up page load times and thus show slower access.

Also test your site from different geographic regions, connection profiles and browsers using webpagetest.org. I wrote a guide on using Webpagetest.org for my members which you also might find useful https://community.centminmod.com/threads/how-to-use-webpagetest-org-for-page-load-speed-testing.13859/

Also look into using Google Data Studio and importing your Google Analytics data as a data connector source so you whip up more useful dashboards to track page load speed per geographic region.

Example of Google Data Studio dashboards created using my Google Analytics data connector as the source for my top geographic regions as well as break down of average document content loaded and average page load times per sub-continent.

May is when i switched to Cloudflare and July end was when I converted site to using PWA - progressive web app with service worker caching.

Lots of amazing things you can do with Google Data Studio :slight_smile: