Different IP when Proxy turn on

I am experiencing the problem of when proxy is turn on, it has diff IP address than what I set, and I am force to turn it off. This has been more than a day and would like to know how it is resolved

What is not working when proxied? Due to how a proxy and CF works, it must show a different IP to the client.

That is the point of the proxy. Cloudflare hides your IP address by resolving the IP address to a Cloudflare IP address, then forwards the traffic on to the IP address set in your DNS record.
From what you have said, all we can tell is that it is working exactly as it should.

Actually no,

So my IP Address is XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
and I have cloudflare to point to that,
when I turn off proxy, it is pointed to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
when I turn on proxy, it pointed to AAA.AAA.AAA.AAA (this is the IP address I have earlier)

and then the site showing cloudflare is not able to connect to my web server

As @Judge and @simon.k.otoole already explained, that is perfectly normal, expected, supposed to happen, and explained in detail at Why does a DNS lookup on my domain not return the IP address I configured?, which a quick search would have revealed.

Or are you saying that AAA address does not show 104.x.x.x proxy address but one you had configured earlier in your control panel?

Whats the domain for starters?

1 Like

It is not normal. OK, this is what happen
so first, I configure like this:

Then it is normal like this:

When I turn on the cloudflare proxy:

Then DNS checker shows diff IP address:

and my site showing cloudflare not able to connect to web server …

Ehm, precisely.

Are you actually reading what people respond to you?

No offence, but go back and re-read all three responses you have received so far. Every single one of them addresses your very question.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.