Diagnostic Center : Check the HTTPS status

Using the Diagnostic Center Diagnostic Center | Check SSL and Test Website Security | Cloudflare

I get a couple errors:

1. Check the HTTPS status
  2. Check the site for mixed content

I’m confused on “Check the HTTPS status” because when I run the test on a page, I don’t even see that page get loaded in the Apache logs? What is it testing?

At the “Analytics” tab you can see your most common status codes and filter for any specific ones https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/analytics

Uh, that’s no help. The Diagnostic Center doesn’t give the code, just says “No, your request failed with a response status of 400 or above.”

Before moving to Cloudflare, was your Website working over HTTPS connection?

May I ask what SSL option have you got selected under the SSL/TLS tab at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain ( Flexible, Full, Full Strict … )?

Kindly, see below article this error or issue appears:

May I ask is this error comming from Cloudflare or your origin host / server?

Are you using some custom Firewall Rules, or like blocking countries for example at the Cloudflare Dashboard for your domain name?

You entered HTTP or HTTPS URL while testing?

The website works fine. It’s been on Cloudflare for a few years now. The error is only coming from the Cloudflare Diagnostic tool, no where else, only on the tool www.cloudflare.com/diagnostic-center/

Right.

But, maybe some options weren’t enabled since as if they weren’t available before?
For example HTTP → HTTPS rewrites, or if you are using Flexible SSL option maybe, etc.? (just guessing)

That’s a bit strange, if so (like a cached version of the results maybe?).

May I ask what is your domain name to test it too?

You aren’t reading what I wrote. The website is fine. I am asking how the CF Diagnostic Center tool is testing www.cloudflare.com/diagnostic-center/ – it may be just testing at the IP of the server and I have the server not respond to direct IP requests. I’m not changing the server config which works perfectly fine and has for years to pass the CF Diagnostic Center tool.

The website is https://www.carguygarage.com

Sure, but I got “Checking browser” just as I clicked on the link.

Does everyone has to pass this and obviously the tool too, which could be the reason why the error appears.

Could be I am wrong.

I bet it’s this:

The test is blocked by a setting, so the results are inaccurate.

You are probably located outside of the US. That’s a Cloudflare check.

1 Like

I’m in the US. But these requests probably show up in your Firewall Events Log and you might be able to track down why the Diagnostic is blocked.

1 Like

Well isn’t that somethin…
I see you in the CF event log -
User agent
curl/7.64.1
And you were blocked by -
Ruleset Name
Bot Fight Mode for Definite Bots

Seems weird that CF would block their own Diagnostic tool as a bot, but maybe…?

That’s the reason I don’t use the (Super) Bot Fight Mode. Too many false positives, but we can’t fine tune the settings.

2 Likes

Ha, yup! The CF tool is being blocked by the CF firewall, thanks for the help

1 Like

If you’re using Super Bot Fight Mode, welcome to the “It breaks a bunch of stuff I like” club. Most people just turn it off.

It was actually being blocked by another rule set. I do a check on all non-US traffic since only about 5% of it is actually human. The bot fight mode has actually been getting better over the last few months, it’s blocked a lot of junk traffic.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Uh, read the comments above - we figured out what the problem is already.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.