Dev uses Wordpress and domains purchased via Cloudflare

Hello. I purchased 5 domains from Cloudflare, my developer uses Wordpress. Is it possible to install wordpress on Cloudflare somehow or do I need to change my DNS settings?

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Wow! :slight_smile: :blush: Amazing start, love it :heart:

I am afraid currently it is not (yet) possible to host “standard” website like some CMS as WordPress. Currently, Cloudflare does not offer a standard and usual web hosting service like web hosting service providers such as Hostgator, GoDaddy, NameCheap and similar. However, despite this, there are few available options to host and upload files to Cloudflare about which you can learn, and if you’re interested, explore more deeper a bit later :slight_smile:

However, kindly, I’d suggest you to look for a cheap shared web hosting plan from some of the web hosting providers (like NameCheap offers), where you could install WordPress and do all kinds of stuff related to it.

I am also running 70+ WordPress instances all over the different web hosting providers and different platforms, therefore all using Cloudflare services :wink:

Therefore, you’d just have to add new DNS records (A www and A domain.com) which point to your shared hosting IP and Voilà, make sure they’re proxied :orange:! :wink:

Your domain would be using Cloudflare features with which you can do unlimited research and tune up the settings to fit you as best as possible.

Sharing below some great articles related to getting started with Cloudflare:

A helpful tutorial with step-by-step instructions on how to manage DNS records at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name:

In case you encounter some issue or have a question or more, feel free to write back here at Community so someone could troubleshoot and provide you help to find a solution :wink:

Do I need to wait 60 days in order to be able to point to different A, AAAA, CNAME, MX and TXT records?

No. You can use your Cloudflare DNS now. 60 days is the waiting period to transfer a domain to another registrar.

I have no choice but to transfer to another registrar because I am unable to use Wordpress to begin work on building the sites hosted on Cloudflare.

That makes no sense. I have multiple WordPress sites that use Cloudflare. All you need to do is create an A or AAAA record that points to the IP address of your web server,

Is Cloudflare the registrar for those websites?

I purchased 5 domains from Cloudflare not knowing that I would be unable to start site development with Wordpress for 60 days. I cannot wait 60 days this is my business. Please UNLOCK the register lock on those 5 domains so I can begin work.

Registrar lock is related to transferring domains to another registrar and will not prevent you from developing a website.

Thanks for your response. How can I use Wordpress to develop websites on these Cloudflare domains?

Cloudflare is just DNS, with a bunch of fancy features you can add on.

You can develop your Wordpress sites most anywhere you please. And you’ll get DNS record information you can add to your account here. Most likely “A” records and IP addresses.

Once you find a place to develop, let us know if you have any more questions.

1 Like

No. I am using Cloudflare DNS and proxy services on those sites, as I already have another preferred registrar. The only difference you will encounter when using Cloudflare as your registrar is that you must use Cloudflare for DNS as per section 6.1 of the registration agreement.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.