Dell.com doesn't resolve on 1.1.1.1

Dell.com doesn’t resolve on 1.1.1.1
Works fine on Google Public DNS

Can anyone else confirm this?

Hello,

  1. Have you set up DNS on your computer or router?
  2. After changing DNS to Cloudflare, you can open Command Prompt and run these two commands:

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /renew

How to check if you’re using the Cloudflare DNS settings

If you want to make sure that you’re in fact using the Cloudflare DNS settings, you can use the nslookup tool to find out this information quickly:

  1. Open Start .
  2. Search for cmd , click the top result to open Command Prompt .
  3. Type the following command and press Enter :
  • nslookup

The output of the command should include this result:

If you’re using the IPv6 addresses, then the output should look like this:

The DNS is set from the router.

I can run nslookup from within the router and it correctly shows:

Server: 1.1.1.1
Address 1: 1.1.1.1 one.one.one.one

nslookup: can’t resolve ‘dell.com

For me its working.

Could you try it from your PC to see if its a Problem between you and Cloudflare or something is up with your Router

I tried it from several devices on the network.
If I change the DNS on the router to Google DNS or even cloudflare IPv6 everything resolves fine.

Also tried to clear the DNS on the router and only set from a local computer and have the same issue of it not resolving.

Then i dont really know. For me its working. Maybe somebody else has an idee

I’m the server admin for a small ISP, I’m unable to resolve dell.com, www.dell.com either, my source IP is 206.214.229.103, CGNAT from Google for StarLink internet, source ASN of AS36492. I can connect to a few devices from the ASN AS26288 if needed. But I can confirm that there seems to be an issue resolving from StarLink/Google ISP at the very least.

Decided to test from the devices on my works network, source AS26288, dell.com and www.dell.com do resolve correctly. Here’s the results.

[email protected]:~$ nslookup
> dell.com
Server:         1.1.1.1
Address:        1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   dell.com
Address: 143.166.135.105
Name:   dell.com
Address: 143.166.147.101
> www.dell.com
Server:         1.1.1.1
Address:        1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.dell.com    canonical name = www1.dell-cidr.akadns.net.
www1.dell-cidr.akadns.net       canonical name = cdn-www.dell.com-v2.edgekey.net.
cdn-www.dell.com-v2.edgekey.net canonical name = cdn-www.dell.com-v2.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net.
cdn-www.dell.com-v2.edgekey.net.globalredir.akadns.net  canonical name = e19274.x.akamaiedge.net.
Name:   e19274.x.akamaiedge.net
Address: 104.93.47.249

Any chance someone used the Google ISP/StarLink CGNAT IP with CloudFlare Teams or something to not resolve Dell?

And from my local network, over StarLink/Google ISP

PS C:\Users\KristianJones> nslookup
Default Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.4.1

> dell.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.4.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** UnKnown can't find dell.com: Server failed
> www.dell.com
Server:  UnKnown
Address:  192.168.4.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** UnKnown can't find www.dell.com: Server failed
> server 1.1.1.1
Default Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

> dell.com
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to one.one.one.one timed-out
> www.dell.com
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

DNS request timed out.
    timeout was 2 seconds.
*** one.one.one.one can't find www.dell.com: Server failed
>

Resolving for me - follow ‘Troubleshooting Unreachable or Routing issues’ at Have problems with 1.1.1.1? *Read Me First* and post which DC your issue is happening at (the response of the CHAOS request)

Do you mean this?

|AS Name|Cloudflare|
|AS Number|13335|
|Cloudflare Data Center|ORD|

The instructions there asking you to lookup the CHAOS TXT record, will show you the datacenter handling your DNS requests, which might be different from what you see on the webpage.

nslookup -class=chaos -type=txt id.server 1.1.1.1
Server: one.one.one.one
Address: 1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
id.server text =

    "ORD"
Server:  one.one.one.one
Address:  1.1.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
id.server       text =

        "ORD"```

And for the device on my works network that is working.

Server:         1.1.1.1
Address:        1.1.1.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
id.server       text = "YYZ"

Seems to be fixed for me now

Yeah, same here.