Deleted domain

What is the name of the domain?

What is the error number?

?

What is the error message?

What is the issue you’re encountering

I received an email saying my domain was deleted and the reasons didn’t make sense as my site was running for longer than 28 days. the only reason I use cloudflare was because I HAD TO to connect the domain to Kajabi. My site has all the DNS record inside of kajabi, so do I even need cloudflare and what do I do to resolve this? Thanks

Can you share the content of the email?

Perhaps the email headers?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

It sounds like you are using Kajabi’s Cloudflare account and also created one of your own. If your site was never activated in your own Cloudflare account, it would have eventually been deleted from that account.

You may want to clean up what appears to be a failed attempt at creating a DMARC record. It is almost identical to your actual DMARC record, but is improperly formatted. You can see it in the following report.

https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?1acf5d1fb5b84894b421bb4179904667#dns-mail

I think that’s exactly what has happened. What do I need to do please as I am not tech minded. Thanks.

I assume the best thing for me to do is delete my cloudflare record, should that then remove the DMARC record as well? Thanks

The extra not quite a DMARC record will be configured in the active DNS, which is at Kajabi. The one you want to delete contains quotation marks. You can see them escaped with a backlash in the output of query for the broken record.

It will look like this in your DNS:

"v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:[email protected]; pct=100; rf=afrf"

That appears as follows when queried:

"\"v=DMARC1; p=none; rua=mailto:[email protected]; pct=100; rf=afrf\""

That is the one you want to delete. Keep the one that has no visible quotation marks in your DNS settings.

Thank you I have removed it now and deleted my domain from my cloudflare account as I don’t need that there. Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.