Deleted Account, Need to Setup under Same Email

A Cloudflare account was setup under one of our email addresses, then deleted.

We need to setup again under the same email. The email is [email protected]<domain.com>

How long between deleting the account until another one can be created? We are still getting ‘that account already exists’, even though it doesn’t as you can’t login or do a password reset for it.

I have tried to search, but information on this isn’t forthcoming.

Many thanks.

I’m not sure long it takes to roll off the system. Hopefully not indefinitely, but I wouldn’t be terribly surprised for security reasons.

Can you do a Password Reset for that email address?

1 Like

Tried password reset, it acts as though it’s sent but never arrives.
We will see.

I will be extremely annoyed if they block any closed account email forever. It makes no security sense fundamentally, as whoever owns the domain, controls the domain. It isn’t Cloudflare’s jurisdiction to police that. They should delete all data, but they do not need to block the email address itself.

Anyway, we shall see.

You seem rather worked up about this. I was just throwing the idea out there, as I’ve not seen someone try to reactive a delete account using the same email address. It might very well be something you have to contact Support about. Try emailing them: support AT cloudflare DOT com (use that email address from your deleted account). If you get a ticket # in response, please post it here for added attention.

Thank you I have done that, we will see how they respond.

For reference, I wasn’t ‘worked up’. Merely stating it would be unfortunate and nonsensical if they did that.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

If the email address / account was deleted you’ll need to wait a year to reuse the email address. You can add a domain using another email address

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.