Deleted a website but SSL cert is still generated

We deleted a website from Cloudflare yesterday, but the SSL is still being served on that site, causing an “untrusted website” error. How / where do we remove the Cloudflare certificate from our site?

If you don’t want to use Cloudflare for your website, you’ll need to go to your registrar and set your name servers to the ones your web host recommends.

We have migrated the site and have a new DNS and all pointing correctly to the new nameservers, not Cloudflare. Unfortunately, the SSL continues to show Cloudflare, and we are unable to install a new one until this is removed.

Did you install a Cloudflare Origin certificate on your server? What’s the domain?

Domain is https://hitraveltales.com. We used the free SSL from Cloudflare and to be honest, I don’t remember if we had to install anything on our site. I do not think so … and thank you for responding :wink:

Yep, that’s a Cloudflare Origin Certificate. You need to remove that and put a public one on there, like from Let’s Encrypt, or whatever else your host can help you install.

2 Likes

Well you just pointed me in the right direction and I was able to ask the right question at the host and they went … well, oh, gee, then we have to delete that. :wink: Thank you thank you!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.