I am not sure if it is the way that I am verifying sites that is an issue. I have found that most site I have added via the API and then tried to validate have taken more than 24 hours to validate for a universal SSL.
I have got a site that is on a Pro account rather than free. The site and its subdomains were created via the API, I have also ran the relevant curl command before and after adding the required .txt file. I have a root domain and two subdomains, currently only 1 of the subdomains should validate correctly.
I am just trying to work out whether it is something I am doing that delays the process or if the service is this slow for everyone.
I am not trying to bypass support but trying to ensure that I can get the process working correctly, as we have found the SSL generation to be the part of the process that brings the most pain with it.
- How long has it been “authorizing” for?
I sent the request to validate on Friday evening so approx 60-70 hours
- Have you contacted Cloudflare support?
Yes, and got an autoresponder with a message saying free accounts can expect a delay at the moment
- If you have, how long ago and what is the ticket number?
- What is the plan level for the domain in question?
- What error, if any, is displaying on your site at the moment?
None, but if I curl the zone I get pending validation
- Are you signed up directly through Cloudflare or through a hosting provider/partner?
Via our own partner account
Many thanks for any help or advice