Default server: UnKnown

I keep having trouble, when trying to connect to the 1.1.1.1 server. When I’m using cmd, while using the nslookup function I always get the same result Default Server: UnKnown. I have done everything the website suggested and yet I still cannot connect the the server. Please help me!

King regards,

Vlad

Weird. Can you post the nslookup and a traceroute to 1.1.1.1 here? Also run this one and share the that will be created after the test has finished:

https://1.1.1.1/help

Thanks for your reply! I will post right underneath:

https://1.1.1.1/help#eyJpc0NmIjoiTm8iLCJpc0RvdCI6Ik5vIiwiaXNEb2giOiJObyIsInJlc29sdmVySXAtMS4xLjEuMSI6IlllcyIsInJlc29sdmVySXAtMS4wLjAuMSI6IlllcyIsInJlc29sdmVySXAtMjYwNjo0NzAwOjQ3MDA6OjExMTEiOiJObyIsInJlc29sdmVySXAtMjYwNjo0NzAwOjQ3MDA6OjEwMDEiOiJObyIsImRhdGFjZW50ZXJMb2NhdGlvbiI6IkFNUyIsImlzcE5hbWUiOiJHb29nbGUiLCJpc3BBc24iOiIxNTE2OSJ9

Thank you very much for helping me!

Did you configure the nameservers as IPv4 or IPv6?

You mean specifically changing the server adress to 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 2606:4700:4700::1111 and 2606:4700:4700::1001? I did that already.

I’d remove the IPv6 addresses as your network does not seem to support it. Can you post a screenshot of your DNS settings?

Do you have IPv6 connectivity in the first place? It would not seem so, so I’d remove these entries.

What do you mean by not having IPv6 connectivity? In the first screenshot I sent you can see it should be available.

Where? The link you posted would indicate you would not. Can you ping the IPv6 addresses?

I think so

The Cloudflare addresses obviously :wink:

I’m not so handy or experienced with computers and stuff so could you please explain me how to do that?:slight_smile:

Just ping the two IPv6 addresses you have configured as nameservers. The two Cloudflare addresses.

Oh okay so I did that and now it says it failed for both IP-adresses.

I disabled IPv6 and pinged the IPv4 adress with succes. Unfortunately, nslookup doesn’t result in 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com but in one.one.one.one

I’m not sure if this is an actual problem but everywhere I looked people seem to have 1dot1dot1dot1.cloudflare-dns.com

So yeah, the IPv6 entries were the issue. What it now resolves to is correct.