Ddos Attack are not blocked by Cloudflare

We have added our website to Cloudflare. Nameservers are Cloudflare.
Only traffic from/through Cloudflare to our server i allowed.

Added block on many countries and IP, as we got huge IP requets which caused our server to crash.
Even when we have enable Bots protection and “under attack” - we still facing huge amount of request which our server then go down. +4 mill request on 2 hours

Anyone know why Cloudflare not blocking those ?

Hi @andersen2708,

As per your concerns regarding why Cloudflare is not blocking these requests,

Added block on many countries and IP, as we got huge IP requets which caused our server to crash.
Even when we have enable Bots protection and “under attack” - we still facing huge amount of request which our server then go down. +4 mill request on 2 hours

Please open a ticket with our support to further investigate this issue.

1 Like

Hey Tobi,

Perhaps offtopic but, do you know if those that are in the business plan can get immediate assistance in the live chat or we should always open a ticket?

You can reach out to us via chat but please note that we can not perform live troubleshooting via chat. See Contacting Cloudflare Support

1 Like

As for now I’m not having any business plan, that is why I’m asking community.

But I have submitted email to support

Regards

Andreas Andersen

I’ve submitted you email to [email protected]

Andreas Andersen

Can you post the ticket # here so other staff can check on it?

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/requests/2063440

???

Andreas Andersen

1 Like

Many reasons can cause you to be a target of attacks, such as: 1. Did you define the security headers ?, 2. What kind of traffic (business) does your page generate? 3. Update your operating system, extensions and antivirus? 4. You changed your fixed IP. If the denial attacks continue, it is possible that the attacker is having results and will continue to do so.

Hello Andres

Thank you for your message.

1. Can you please explain what you mean?
  2. We had this business for several years and support travelers who need e-visa to Turkey.
  3. I have update the block list on Cloudflare and blocked those countries that our company does not deal with, also those IP that have most IP request.
    Also we have added on our dedicated server only to allow traffic through Cloudflare.
  4. We just moved to another IP to see if the attack following. Actually the pick of attack happen when we have Google Ads activated to our site. How can this be?

Thank you in advance

Cloudflare is a great service, if you can pay for a plan, you will improve security; Remember, it is a part of what I call a security shield, to strengthen your server I suggest:

1. Define the security headers, visit:

The goal is: A +

1. Firewall: Scan your ports, visit:

You should only configure secure ports like 443 and others.

The attackers will always try to find the vulnerabilities of the server, you must mitigate the impact.

1. Block Ip ?, I think it is not very effective; You could harm the SEO of your page by blocking google trackers and others.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.