DDNS not working on Synology DSM (NAS)

Hello! I have a domain and wanted to use Cloudflare as a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) service for my Synology DSM. I followed a tutorial that was linked in a previous post and followed all the instructions. https://github.com/joshuaavalon/SynologyCloudflareDDNS Technically, it seems to be working because when I manually change the IP address of the Type A DNS record I created for my domain, it reverts to my current IP address. This suggests that the DSM configuration is functioning correctly.

However, when I attempt to access my domain (mydomain.com), it doesn’t work. The page takes a long time to load, and I receive a Cloudflare error page indicating that Cloudflare servers are operational, but my server (host) isn’t responding (Error code 522). I’m not sure what else to try, as the tutorial suggested that if the IP is changing, everything should be working fine. Is there anything else I need to do?

My Synology NAS is connected to my UDM Pro router, and the firewall is enabled. For Plex, I had to set up port forwarding to make it work, but Synology own QuickConnect required no additional configuration. Therefore, I assume my firewall isn’t the issue. For those who use Cloudflare as a DDNS, how did you set it up? Do you have any suggestions for resolving this issue?

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.