DDNS API Not Working

Hi, I am trying to use the DDNS client for a subdomain on my site, however when I try and use a subdomain I get this error:

100552 WARN : Could not detect ‘zone id’ for domain.tld: subdomain.example.com

However, when I use the top level domain example.com everything works fine, the zoneid is found.

I ran into this same error message while using OpenWRT DDNS (specifically ddns-scripts_cloudflare.com-v4). Not sure if this is your case.

The solution I found in my case was to specify the record to update (in Domain field) in the following format: [email protected].

I hope this is helpful.

Note: There is a secondary issue with the OpenWRT DDNS scripts: if the Lookup Hostname is “orange-clouded” (i.e DNS proxied), then when the scripts query the record, they will get the proxied IP address (this will make the DDNS client think that it needs to update the address, when it likely does not need to).

Try this one if it helps. Its a python code and u can compile it urself if u like and make windows or macos binary. Otherwise, use the automated script in a linux machine.

DDNS on Cloudflare only works in linux distributions with systemd service deamon.

This worked, tyvm.