Ddeleted Redirect rule permanently moved

I added a redirect rule and then deleted it because it didnt do what i expected. Now my site just wojnt load. It’s www.aionrising.com

I cleared cache, paused CF on the site, nothing worked. What can I do here?

Update: Pausing CF on the site worked. But I dont have any rules on the site anymore. Nothing is defined and if I enable CF again , it redirects again. What am I supposed to do ? There’s no way to contact cloudflare to find out how I can purge everything or if theres a bug.

Actions such as pausing/disabling proxy takes time, an hour or so for DNS Propogation. It’s not an instant switch, worth a warning. Redirects as well, depending on the type (301 vs 302) can be cached. 301’s, without any cache-ttl specified, will be cached for the browser for as long as possible. It’s best to use 302s unless you are sure it is a permanent redirect, and try incognito/clearing browser cache when testing changes.

Do you know what it redirects to? Redirects can happen for different reasons, and redirect loops as well. The most common redirect loop is because your SSL/TLS Mode is “Flexible” when it should be Full (Strict). In the Cloudflare dashboard, under your domain, then “SSL/TLS” → Overview, you can change your SSL/TLS Mode. Magic link: https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/ssl-tls

Other causes of redirect loops:

You can use Cloudflare Trace to determine if any Bulk Redirects, Dynamic Redirects, among other rules are hit: Trace a request with Cloudflare Trace (beta) · Cloudflare Fundamentals docs

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestions. I’ve actually figure out that it was due to switching SSL to Flexible. The reason I did this was I’m trying to have my subdomain api dot aionrising dot com redirect to a backend service that isn’t https, and I’m not sure how to do that without having it set to Flexible.

Even with custom page rules SSL for the subdomain it doesn’t work, only if I set the whole site’s setting to Flexible. Any suggestions there?