DDclient & DDNS issues

Good evening, Everyone!

I am having a lot of trouble interfacing with the API to update DNS settings using the DDNS purl client DDclient. Using ddclient IAW CloudFlare docs nets nothing but errors returning from the API and no DNS updates. Here is my sample of the configuration, along with the error received.

# Cloudflare DDNS Configuration File
protocol=cloudflare
server=api.cloudflare.com/client/v4
use=web
web=checkip.dyndns.com
ssl=yes
login=*my email*
password=*global API*
zone=domain.tld
sub.domain.tld

RECEIVE:  {"success":false,"errors":[{"code":7000,"message":"No route for that URI"}],"messages":[],"result":null}

To me this makes no sense, as I am doing exactly what the CloudFlare documentation suggests, and it still will not work. Has anyone managed to get this system working, and if so, what is your configuration? Thank you in advance!

I didn’t think you needed a server and a zone, but I haven’t used ddclient in a long time…

What is the link to the documentation?

First thing that jumps out at me is that in your config, server needs to point to a server name, not a URL (i.e not the full path to the API endpoint).

There’s some guidance here:

2 Likes

Thanks! Couldn’t find that page…

Gentlemen,

Thank you for your contributions. As reccomended by Saul, I removed the URL format with purely api.cloudflare.com, the resulting error was 404, which tracks to some deegree as you can browse to the API at api.couldflare.com/client/v4.

The official cloudflare DDNS guide is here: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020524512-Manage-dynamic-IPs-in-Cloudflare-DNS-programmatically

The page you link page contains a link to the one I gave you which is the cloudflare ddclient reference.

I’ve never seen api.cloudflare.com used anywhere myself, only www.cloudflare.com which worked for me back when I used ddclient, but that was a while back.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.