Dashboard alerting me for missing DNS records that are set up and working

Wasn’t sure if I should post this here or in the Pages section - sorry!

I manage a domain through Cloudflare (freemusicdemixer.com). Up until recently, I was using it to proxy to Github Pages (using 4 A records to github ipv4 servers, and 4 AAAA records to github ipv6 servers). This is a typical setup and it worked fine.

Yesterday, I migrated from Github Pages to Cloudflare Pages. I believe it’s all working correctly (the site is up). I removed those 8 github records and added these entries, both proxied

1. Flattened apex CNAME (freemusicdemixer.com → free-music-demixer.pages.dev)
  2. www CNAME → free-music-demixer.pages.dev

However, the DNS alerts are warning me that I’m missing those records:

Recommended steps to complete zone set-upHide
Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for www so that www.freemusicdemixer.com will resolve.
Add an A, AAAA, or CNAME record for your root domain so that freemusicdemixer.com will resolve.

I also think it’s related to the Pages custom domain showing “Inactive (error)”:

Should I be concerned or will this get re-verified in the background?

That’s odd. Pages should be automatically adding those DNS records for you. Maybe that’s thrown a wrench into the detection. I have several Pages sites set up exactly this way, and they aren’t showing me that DNS warning.

1 Like

Yes, I misspoke - I meant Pages did automatically add the DNS records for me (and removed the other 8 A/AAAA in the same change).

I do have another domain that I use Pages for, but set up with pages from the get-go without the old GitHub Pages DNS entries. That one works totally fine with no alerts.

OK, over time this ended up fixing itself. So I figure it was just some stale cache or whatever. Everything looks good now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.