Custom offline error page without always online

I would like to know how I can set up a custom error page to show when Cloudflare is unable to access my origin server without having always online caching enabled as I simply want the error page to show up and not a cached version of my website, is this possible?

Good question. Off the top of my head, that’s not directly available. You may have to disable Always Online, and I think that will instead deliver a 5xx error. And some of the 5xx errors can use Custom Error pages on paid plans. If it’s not a 5xx error that can use a Custom Error Page, you may be out of luck.

I tested and disabling always online ends up with returning a 522 timeout error so it would be changeable. I have two more questions now, first, is it possible to set a page for, for example, error 502 and a different one for 52X errors? Second, is it possible the lower the time that Cloudflare will wait for a response from the origin server before returning a timeout?

There’s only one Custom Error Page for anything in the 500 range.

I’m pretty sure the timeout is hard set at 100 seconds. Only Enterprise Plans have adjustable timeout limits. And in that case, I don’t know the minimum.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.