Custom domain for Cloudflare Pages from a domain name ma DNS that is managed by a separate Cloudflare account

Good morning!

I’m trying to get a domain name to resolve to a Cloudflare Pages site that is owned by my Cloudflare account.

The domain name’s DNS is currently managed by a separate Cloudflare that is owned by someone else.

In an attempt to get the domain name to resolve to the Cloudflare Pages site quickly (and so as to not sort through migrating other DNS settings haphazardly), I’ve asked the owner of the Cloudflare account that manages the DNS to add the following CNAME record…

CNAME www *****

… where ***** is the hostname for the Cloudflare pages site (aroconnection-com dot pages dot dev).

I assumed this would result in the domain name resolving to the Cloudflare Pages site that is owned by my Cloudflare account.

However, something clearly isn’t configured correctly. I’m not entirely sure what, though.

Perhaos you can’t add a custom domain to a Cloudflare Pages site with a CNAME record when the custom domain is being managed by a separate Cloudflare account?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

Have you added the custom name to the Pages project as well?

Thanks for the welcome!

Yes, I have added the custom domain name to the Pages project as well.

Thank you for helping me further clarify.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.