CSS/JS doesn't load on the website

Hi! I created another subdomain for my help center. It worked until today. The CSS/JS doesn’t load, I only have the HTML page.
I had some problems with SSL on the subdomain because I had TLS 1.3 on, now it’s off and I can load my website, but like I said, onlt the HTML.
In chrome dev this is what I get: net::ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH for every CSS/JS file

Was your site working fine on HTTPS before you added it to Cloudflare?

1 Like

Yes, after I added the website to Cloudflare, the website still worked fine. I had some problems with DNS Records until I uploaded them from the cPanel. (I still have some problems with AutoSSL in cPanel)
The idea is that the main website and the other subdomain works fine. I have a problem only with 1 subdomain.
PS for AutoSSL: I checked again the AutoSSL, I have errors for every domain/subdomain:
DNS DCV: No local authority: “domain.com”; HTTP DCV: “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)” forbids DCV HTTP redirections.
and for help center:

DNS DCV: No local authority
did not match the expected value. The domain “domain.com” resolved to an IP address “ipaddress” that does not exist on this server.

Still, in chrome dev for the main website it doesn’t show any error. The help center only works with HTML(same problem)

Occasionally there are issues with automatically issuing certificates on sites behind the proxies. In these cases it’s often easier to go for an Origin certificate.

Just to be sure, your encryption mode on Cloudflare is Full Strict, right? If it isn’t change it to Full Strict.

What’s the domain?

No, it was on Full.
The main domain is www.glitcher.app
The subdomain that doesn’t work is www.help.glitcher.app

Did you switch to Full Strict now?

Yes. And I’m on Dev mode in cloudflare(in case you need to know that)

Good, now that’s at least secure.

As for the hostname you mentioned, that can’t work unless you are on ACM.

2 Likes

So if I buy ACM, It will also fix the errors on my cPanel?(AutoSSL errors) and maybe it will fix the CSS/JS not loading problem, right?

No, ACM will only fix the issue with the proxy not serving a certificate for that hostname. The server certificate issue is unrelated and I’d still recommend a free Origin certificate here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.