Creating urls like "beta.app.chatwindapp.com"

Hey there Cloudflare Community!

I was wondering if it is possible to create a subdomain called beta.app of the chatwindapp.com domain. Every time I try this, it just says " beta.app.chatwindapp.com uses an unsupported protocol" when I visit the site.

That is a deep level of sub-domain.

Is it added as a A or a CNAME record to the domain DNS at Cloudflare dashboard?

Moreover, to use a beta.app.chatwindapp.com SSL certificate, I am afraid you would need to purchase Cloudflare Dedicated SSL with Custom Hostname for $10/month. Moreover, you need this since Cloudflare Universal SSL only provide for *.chatwindapp.com level.

• could be I am wrong …

More about dedicated SSL certificates here:

Nevertheless, if this error appears in your browser this is a strong indicator that the hostname is not present on the SSL certificate located at Cloudflare edge.

If you require mutli-level sub-domain support you will either need to purchase this feature or upgrade your Plan to Business so that you can upload a Custom Certificate (hopefully if you have one at your host/origin which already supports beta.app.chatwindapp.com.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.