Creating an Email for my website

Hi, I am a complete beginner so I hope you can help me out. I have set up a website that is working fine and now I am looking to create an email for the website.

I was directed to this article which I didn’t understand ( I cannot include here since I am a new user!)

I don’t have any knowledge about email, what an mx is, and all that.

I did a little bit of research and from what I understand an MX is a way of pointing where your email arrives. Perhaps I am confusing it with what it really is tho!!

My website is www.tolidoueducation.com and what I would like is to have an email like this [email protected].

My questions are:

1. How can I set up that email?
  2. Where would I then log in in order to read my email?

I really hope you can help me out!

Cloudflare itself does not provide these services, so I can suggest two solutions:

Running your own server: While you can still read guides for on setting up your own personal mail server, it requires you to invest a lot of time into setting up and maintaining the server yourself. You would also have an uphill battle if you’re sending e-mail from a residential IP address, or even a VPS IP address since these are very often given super low e-mail reputation scores.

Hosted: These days, I’d recommend a premium domain e-mail host like Google Workspace (gmail), Office 365 (Microsoft), or Proton Mail. You might be able to purchase email from your current website provider, but these providers often have security, integrity, and availability issues so using one of the big providers listed above is usually a better choice.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help and quick answer :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.