Create website on subdomain: How?

How do I create a new website/config on a subdomain?
When I attempt as instructed by your docs (Set up a child domain - Subdomain setup · Cloudflare DNS docs) I get the error:

This part of your docs is extremely cluttered with callouts, links, lists and other stuff, so there’s a decent chance I’ve missed the instructions, but I’ve done my best re-reading it multiple times over.

Subdomain setup is an Enterprise only feature that allows a subdomain site to be added to Cloudflare separately from the main domain so the Cloudflare settings can be set independently.

Do you just want to create a subdomain of your domain and point that at a server? If so, just add a DNS record for it in your Cloudflare dashboard here…
https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/:zone/dns/records
(the domain needs to be added to Cloudflare first).

3 Likes

The reply from @sjr is spot-on and the error message seems clear to me.

You are trying to add cloud.maileg.com, the error says ...not subdomain.example.com....

Nothing cluttered nor confusing about that.

The docs are cluttered, not the error-message.
And the docs don’t state anything about it being Enterprise-only which adds to the frustration.

Thank you.
The docs could’ve made it clear that it’s an Enterprise feature.

Thank you… Can you share a link to the docs? I’ll make sure to flag it for the docs team to revisit.

Certainly: Set up a child domain - Subdomain setup · Cloudflare DNS docs

1 Like

It’s stated in the parent/topic page (won’t allow me to link to it).
But that’s not clear enough, if you ask me, cause I landed on the instructions-page from Google and went from there.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.