Create a new email address and obtain SMTP Server and Port details

Hello

My goal is to

1. create a new email address [email protected], linked to my domain marketplace-24.com
  2. Add my new email to a CMS I am using called Marketpresso’s SMTP Configuration
    Marketpresso Dashboard > Settings > Integrations > SMTP Configuration > Connect >
    • SMTP Server :
    • SMTP Port :
    • SMTP Username :
    • SMTP Password :

Because I have changed my domains Nameserver to Cloudflare, do I create my new email [email protected] with Cloudflare?
And where do I get the SMTP Server and Port details from?

Please give me step by step instructions to avoid my confusion.

Regards
Ade

This information comes from your mail server. This information will never come from Cloudflare, as they do not provide email hosting. Who provides your email service?

The only configuration you will need to do on Cloudflare is to create DNS records for email. At a minimum this will be an MX record pointing at your mail server. You may also want to create SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records, but they are not essential.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply michael

Previously I have changed my domains Nameserver to host Provider Krystal then created my email using Cpanel.

This time following Marketpresso instructions, I changed my domains Nameserver to host Provider Cloudflare. Then added a subdomain pointing to my Marketpresso CMS Website.

Do I need to change my domains Nameserver to host Provider Krystal. Create my email using Cpanel. Then using Krystal add a subdomain pointing to my Marketpresso CMS Website. Removing Cloudflare out of the equation?

I’m new to all this config.

1 Like

It looks like you’re currently using Cloudflare to manage your DNS records, you could recreate the A/AAAA/CNAME/MX/etc. records as shown within cPanel or wherever at Cloudflare. Records specific to your e-mail would be those such as MX, TXT (i.e. DKIM, DMARC, SPF), etc.

$ whois marketplace-24.com
   Name Server: JOAN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
   Name Server: YEW.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
Name Server: joan.ns.cloudflare.com
Name Server: yew.ns.cloudflare.com
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.