Hello Cloudflare Community,
I am reaching out for assistance regarding an issue I encountered while trying to connect Unbounce to my, holus naturals com I am unsure if my actions caused a problem with the CNAM E settings, specifically with the “www” subdomain.
Here’s what I did:
- Initially, I attempted to connect Unbounce to my site by following the recommended steps.
- During the setup process, Unbounce prompted me to specify the CN AME for the “www” subdomain.
- To proceed, Unbounce either created a new CNAM e record or modified an existing one for the “www” subdomain.
- The value assigned to the “www” C Name record contained a unique string of characters (not a valid URL).
- I set the proxy status to route traffic through Cloudflare by enabling the orange cloud icon.
- Upon disabling the proxy (orange cloud icon), my main website (
holusnaturals.com) started working again.
- However, when I re-enabled the proxy for the “www” subdomain, it caused a site-wide crash.
- Unfortunately, I am uncertain about the specific changes that occurred when I created the new C NAME record.
I would greatly appreciate help on how to rectify this issue and successfully connect Unbounce to my site without causing disruptions. What steps should I take to ensure the proper configuration of the C NAMErecords and the functioning of both the main site and the “www” subdomain? At the very least, I need my site to work reliably.
Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response.