cPanel Plugin CNAME/Activation not working

So I can replicate this issue across all our users using CNAME partial zone setup. Basically if they setup CNAME, it does not appear to ever update the DNS zones. This is across 150+ servers.

S: The CloudFlare cPanel plugin has been observed to have no effect when certain changes are performed through the UI
O: To replicate, provision a new domain on CloudFlare in the cPanel plugin using CNAME setup
Next, observe the “Domains” tab and see that some nonsensical records are displayed (see screenshot)

Type - name - value - TTL
A - domain.com. - cloudflare-resolve-to.domain.com - 1
A - www.domain.com - cloudflare-resolve-to.domain.com - 1

Further, note that attempting to then disable CloudFlare on the subdomain has no effect. Then observe that the “Remove this domain from CloudFlare” button has no effect.
Adding a new subdomain A record is properly reflected in the CloudFlare plugin, then activation CloudFlare for this domain works as expected
Attempting to deactivate CloudFlare on the newly created domain appears to succeed in the UI, but makes no changes to DNS
A: This was observed on multiple servers.

Turning on/off again doesn’t work :wink:

Regards,
Brandon

Sorry a lot to unpack here… across 150 servers… has this ever worked?

What specifically isn’t working?

So I can replicate this issue across all our users using CNAME partial zone setup. Basically if they setup CNAME, it does not appear to ever update the DNS zones. This is across 150+ servers.

S: The CloudFlare cPanel plugin has been observed to have no effect when certain changes are performed through the UI
O: To replicate, provision a new domain on CloudFlare in the cPanel plugin using CNAME setup
Next, observe the “Domains” tab and see that some nonsensical records are displayed (see screenshot)

Type - name - value - TTL
A - domain.com. - cloudflare-resolve-to.domain.com
A - www.domain.com - cloudflare-resolve-to.domain.com

I’m not sure what nonsensical means in this context. Are these really A records? Because the content looks like CNAME records and the format is generally what I would expect for mapping a zone to Cloudflare in a CNAME setup.

Yes, we never noticed this prior so I assume it was working (customer uptick promoted a review)

When you go to turn on or off cf if its a cname setup it wont change DNS. It remains the same.

Have you made changes to your DNS config? Is cpanel the authoritative DNS for the zones?

No changes, all goes to a cluster.