Countdown Not Updating In WordPress

I noticed after enabling Cloudflare’s (paid version) my countdown counter is not updating and will show the same number of days and hours unless I clear my Cloudflare Cache (clear everything) . I disabled Rocket Loader per some other forums recommendations but that did not fix my problems. Any suggestions?

Greetings,

May I ask if Auto Minify option is disabled too? :thinking:

Can you share your domain name so we could also check this too?

I have auto minify enabled for all.

also the domain is https://www.electwestheimer.com/

I can see countdown works fine.

When I manually set display:block to the hidden seconds element, it’s counting fine:

1 Like

Once I wait a bit, few seconds later, here, see again, works too:

1 Like

Sorry I tried to clear the Cloudflare cache about the time you were reviewing the page. Based on my testing if you refresh your browser it will display the same time that mine is displaying now (see attached) and then start the countdown over. Can you revisit/refresh your page and see if you get 3 02 07 as I do when I visit the site.

But, once I refresh the page, it resets to 3 days 2 hours 7 minutes.

True.

Did you tried “Purge Everything”? :thinking:

And I see something is cached as well, but at your origin host/server, not at Cloudflare:

x-cache-enabled: True
x-proxy-cache: HIT

Try disabling it at SiteGround.

I can see you are using Cloudflare APO too, try manually clearing it + “Purge Everything” at Cloudflare dashboard → Caching → Configuration:

cf-edge-cache: cache,platform=wordpress
cf-cache-status: BYPASS
cf-apo-via: origin,no-cache
1 Like

As @fritex said, there’s a cache at the origin. But cache doesn’t seem to be the issue here, because the hour is not set by the HTML, it is dynamically changed by JavaScript. What may be causing this is Steground Optimizer plugin. Try to change its settings related to JS, especially the settings like combine and minify JS, see if that helps. Make sure you purge all cache with every setting change you try.

1 Like

Should I disable all cache from SiteGround now that Cloudflare is enabled?

Try, at least to troubleshoot, yes.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.