Could Cloudflare Be Breaking My Site?

Over the last few weeks I have had the same repetitive issue within my wordpress site. The cache continues to not clear. I can purge all I want and turn dev mode on, it just wont do a thing. I’ve disabled every single plugin and theme and have tried just about everything I’ve read. Fresh wordpress install, full backup, rename plugin and theme folders, everything. None of that works. I’ve fixed the issue now 3 times by doing the same thing. I simply swap back to my original hosts nameservers. As soon as it propagates, everything updates and is fine so I swap back to cloudflare. Everything will continue to work perfectly for a few days until the site starts to slow down and then eventually stop clearing its cache again. I’ve had no caching plugins installed since the last time this has happened. I’ve basically ruled out everything but cloudflare. I just can’t for the life of me figure out what is going on and why swapping my nameservers fixes everything. If anyone has any sort of idea or tip I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks

0 Likes

3 questions!

1. What is your domain?
  2. When you log into Cloudflare, in the DNS tab, at the bottom - what are the two nameservers Cloudflare gives you?
  3. If you set :orange: to :grey: to completely bypass Cloudflare, does it work?
0 Likes

evbite.com

albert.ns.cloudflare.com
naomi.ns.cloudflare.com

The site is currently propagating so I wouldn’t be able to confirm right now but I did previously atempt that. I also pressed the “disable cloudflare” under the advanced options as well with no luck.

0 Likes

Your domain does not point to Cloudflare to begin with but to your host instead.

1 Like

It is currently propagating again by the looks of it… https://dnschecker.org/#NS/evbite.com

0 Likes

To the host nameserver’s probably :smile:

Right now the domain does not point to Cloudflare. I guess the OP recently switched back.

1 Like

Yes… Looking at the history, it appears to have been switched back and forth a few times!

0 Likes

It’s the only way I’ve been able to resolve this persistent issue. I’ve spent too many hours on the phone with my hosting support and no one can figure out another reason apart from cloudflare.

I guess next time the issue comes back ill either update this post or make a new one so I can actually attempt some of your troubleshooting steps. Thanks

0 Likes

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes