Could CF add a proper UA in the header of SpeedTest's requests

Hi,
When I opened the “Speed” page on the dashboard, I saw a loading cricle.
In the “Firewall” → “Overview” page, I saw some of CF’s requests have proper UA like this:

but some some of the requests have no CF-like UA:

So, how could I identify the requests comes from SpeedTest? Could you please add a CF-like UA in the requests?
and another question is, why CF use vps hosted by Google Private Cloud?

Thanks

Are you sure that Google one is from the Cloudflare speed test? As far as I know, Speed Test runs from only one location.

Blockquote
Are you sure that Google one is from the Cloudflare speed test? As far as I know, Speed Test runs from only one location.

yes I’m sure. after adding 34.73.185.108 & 2a06:98c0:3600::103 to the CF firewall whitelist, the speedtest page showed up, otherwise my web brower poped up a warning:
API Request Failed: GET /api/v4/zones/d414d1d176f9ed7c3d3bac24a3173b5e/speed_testing (undefined)

still have no idea why CF uses google vps…

to reproduce this issue, add a challenge rule for these two ips:
2a06:98c0:3600::103

and run speed test again

I finally did a lookup on that one. I believe the Speed Test was developed by an engineer before they joined Cloudflare. It’s the one location in South Carolina.

so, could CF development team relocate these hosts from Google to CF?
and, adding a proper CF-like UA to speedtest’s requests will make it easier for us to identify CF’s servers.

and I suggest CF team to add a circuit breaker to that speedtest restful API.
seems like the speedtest will not stop even it failed to get http 200 code from that API before I leave speedtest page.
you can observe endless logs in ‘Firewall’->‘Overview’ if you don’t leave speedtest page.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.