Continuous issue trying to add freenom free domain

Hi,

I have a continuous issue.

The issue
I am trying to set up a game server using cloudflare which will point to the correct port.
I register a free domain such as this example;
somethingserver.tk

I try to add it to cloudflare and no matter how many days I wait I still get

Error message
Failed to lookup registrar and hosting information of somethingserver.tk at this time. Please contact Cloudflare Support or try again later.

The weird thing is that I haven’t changed anything and I previously was able to add domains with no issue and have one running fine for another server.

What could the issue be?

What worked before but does not now
I followed these two videos but it doesn’t work anymore. I get stuck on the message above.

That domain is registered under a TLD which is governed by the Freenom registry. Freenom currently experiences issues with their Whois service which prevents such domains from being added to Cloudflare. Freenom needs to fix that on their side. Unfortunately there is no ETA known for that.

It probably is best to register a proper domain instead. They already go for less than $10 a year.

So something to do on Freenoms end?

Glad I somehow got one server set up just before all of these issues.

Low income, Freenom is free.

Thanks for providing a response sdayman.

I believe this just goes to show that you get what you pay for. These issues with Freenom have been happening for months at this point, but will inconsistently work sometimes before breaking again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.