Content_type not passed from Zaraz ecommerce events to facebook

I was trying to setup a Catalogue in facebook using pixel events. Even after configuring all the required values, facebook shows my pixel is not ready. I have tested with their microdata debug tool and it says “Congratulations! Your microdata looks great!”

Facebook documentation says, once the required values are set pixel will be ready after receiving few ViewContent events. But even after receiving 15,000 ViewContent events it still stays pixel is not ready.

After looking at the recent events received in facebook events manager, I found that following parameters are received in a ViewContent event.

ln:removed
ph:removed
traffic_type:removed
user_id:removed
em:removed
fb_login_id:removed
fn:removed
product_id:removed
category:removed
name:Laurel Cottage
brand:ironbridge
price:4464.00
currency:INR
__zarazEcommerce:true
content_ids:[“stay386”]
content_name:Laurel Cottage
content_category:stay
value:4464

Product Link

As per the facebook dynamic ads documentation, content_type has to passed with the value “product” or “product_group”. I’m using Zaraz ecommerce event Product Viewed

Why zaraz ecommerce event not passing content_type value if it is a required field for ViewContent?

Hi @nirmalvce, thanks for pointing this out. So what you’d want to happen is that Zaraz will send content_type: 'product'|'product_group' to FB, on every Product Viewed?

@nirmalvce, do you ever use content_type with the value of “product_group”? Or is it always “product”?

@yair-dovrat For now, it is always “product”. But we will be planning to use product_group very soon (For search results).

How long will it take to add this parameter (content_type) for Product Viewed?

What happens if we pass content_type: product along with other parameters for Product Viewed? Will zaraz forward this field to pixel or just ignore it?

@yair-dovrat Can you please provide an estimated time when this will be added in zaraz ecommerce event Product Viewed?

If it is going to take time, I have to create a custom event for View Content